I'm a creative localization professional currently working as a manga editor with Kodansha Comics. I graduated from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in May 2016 with an MBA in Localization Management. In my personal time, I am working on multiple projects, including a novel and a visual novel.
Find me on Linkedin and follow me on Twitter @lsscanlan.
What I do
I am knowledgable about, and can speak on:
- Localization, especially for games and creative media.
- How to use social media as a creative freelancer.
- Visual novels, especially as perceived by the English-speaking market.
- Best practices for professionalism and networking.
- How to build, run, and deliver on a Kickstarter campaign.
- How to (and how NOT to) organize pages and communities on Facebook.
- How to attend professional conferences on a budget and how to get the most out of them.
- Neat stuff to do on your trip to Tokyo.
And likely much, much more.